I felt like it’s really time for me to get back to blogging, so here I am. I did start a blog in 2009 when I was working on the London Fairtrade Campaign, although I sadly neglected it.
It’s now 2011 in case you were wondering what year it was. I have to double check sometimes.
I’m a recent addition to Hackney and was having a giggle with some friends about the idea of ‘holidaying’ in Hackney. What would you recommend to potential holidayer in Hackney?
Here are a few ideas to start:
- Enjoy the catwalk of Broadway market, fisheye lens camera optional
- Pop into The Dove for a pint of Belgium beer, bring your own chair
- Visit Hackney City Farm to cheer up the donkey, wax jacket essential
- Have real life cash, note form preferred-unless you actually enjoy paying to withdraw YOUR own money
- Buy a fixed gear bike sprayed disco pink
- Take pictures of your friends in front of a real piece of graffiti
- Grow a very tidy mustache, optional
- Carry a cotton bag which has the word Organic on it at least once, essential
- Lurk in vintage clothes shops on Church Street, fry – up optional
- Eat a very large burger from a very small plate at Dalston Superstore, only on a Sunday
- Get lost trying to find that secret party in (another) warehouse
Any contributions to this list would make me smile. Happy holidaying.